Joo’s decadent selection of handcrafted chocolates will make you swoon. The perfect Valentine’s Day gift is only one bid away.
• Raspberry and Rose chocolate: Tangy raspberry filling, hint of rose ganache with BISKELIA 34% milk chocolate & coated in a MANJARI 64% dark chocolate.
• Double vanilla: A Valrhona dark chocolate shell, filled with Tahitian vanilla ganache & OPALYS 33% white chocolate.
• Whisky chocolate truffle: Dark chocolate truffle, 68% MANJARI chocolate with scotch-whisky & Valrhona cocoa powder.
• Coffee macchiato crunch praline: Aromatic coffee ganache with 34% BISKELIA milk, praline crunch &CARAMELIA chocolate.
• Gochujang salted caramel: A Valrhona dark chocolate shell, Filled with spicy salted caramel with Gochujang “Korean chilli paste” & 70% GUANAJA dark chocolate.
• Banoffee pie: Milk chocolate filled with soft caramel and banana ganache with 36% CARAMELIA & crunch biscuit.
This incredible prize will also include champagne and canapes for two in the bar of the Michelin-starred Galvin at Windows, which sits at the top of the London Hilton on Park Lane, with unrivaled views over London.
Head Chef Joo Won hails from Busan, South Korea. At University Joo studied industrial engineering but he soon realised this was not the path for him. To discover what his true passion was Joo started taking courses and it wasn’t until a pastry class sparked his interest that he truly feel in love. After a course in Korean cuisine Joo left Korea in 2000 and studied hospitality management at Schiller International University in London and Switzerland. After he graduated he went to study cooking at the highest level at the Le Cordon Bleu in Marylebone. This took him to the Orrey 2003, and was Joo’s first Michelin starred experience. Joo left in 2006 to be part of the launch team of Galvin at Windows and in 2013 he became Head Chef – an achievement he is immensely proud of.